Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You're A.....

BOY!!! We went to the doctor yesterday for our first sonogram and found out that you are a healthy baby boy! We were right...we thought you were a boy all along! You are growing so fast and everything looked just perfect! We got to see all of your bones, your heart, brain, stomach, kidneys and other organs! It was just amazing...I've never seen anything like that before! It truly is a miracle and you will never know how much your daddy and I love you already! It was so cool to see you in my tummy! It was so much fun too because you wouldn't stop moving around! The lady who was doing the sonogram had to chase you around in order to get good pictures of you! She said that she hasn't seen a baby that active in a really long time! So we might be seeing your personality already...I don't think that me and your dad are going to get much down time once you get here, but we can't wait!! It is so exciting to know that you are a boy so we can start planning! I feel like we haven't done much of anything to prepare for your arrival (picking names, painting, putting together furniture, etc.) but now we can get started!!

We also learned that you will be coming sooner than we thought!! After our last appointment my tummy measured a little bigger than normal so they wanted to measure your growth. After measuring how big you were it looks like I am 21 weeks and 4 days which is about 2 weeks further along than we all thought! So what that means is your due date got moved from July 10th to June 27th!! We are really excited that we might get to meet you sooner!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to meet you Baby Boy Shaffer!! I can't wait to tell you funny stories about your Mommy being VERY active or dare I say...hyper when we were little-HA! From the sounds of it you might give her a run for her money:) You are so loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys are going to have your hands full! He'll be jumping all over the furniture - just like his mom used to do! I am so happy for you two! I can't even describe how rewarding being a parent is and I can't wait for you to experience it! There is nothing better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go James and Sarah! I can't wait to teach Baby Shaffer all the neat little tricks that will insure an active life for his mom and dad... I am stocking up on those little chocolate doughnuts to make sure he has plenty of energy.

    I love you guys and Baby Shaffer a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need more updates!! Can't wait to meet Turd, he is going to be the best nephew ever. Love you little boy, sooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete