Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The First Trimester...I've never spent so much time on the couch.

The first trimester...for me it was everything that I had heard it would be...and more! I have never felt so sick in my life...it was like have a 3 month hang-over without the night of partying before. It was hard to believe that something so tiny could suck so much energy out of me, but I was happy to share it! I guess I should revise my previous statement and say that I have never been so happy to be so sick in my life! While I was hovering over the toilet and ordering poor James around there was such a feeling of joy that both James and I shared. My joy was there despite my upset tummy, headache and dizziness. James was joyful as he ran to the gas station to get me Sprite or run to get me food and it has been a wonderful bonding time for us!! One other thing that was a surprise for me was how easy it was to give up my one major addiction...Coca-Cola! I had gone from having 3-4 Cokes each day to giving it up for the baby...I didn't think that there would be anything that could make me give up Coke, but it's been 15 weeks Caffeine free for me! James and I have also gone from hanging out with friends at the bar to reading "What to Expect When You are Expecting" in our free time and what is so great is that we would not have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment