Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You Have a Heart Beat!!

During our first trimester we first heard your heartbeat and it was the coolest thing ever! Prior to the appointment when we heard your heartbeat we were both pretty anxious...there was still this sense of disbelief until that day. When we went to the doctor he warned us that sometimes it is a little early to hear the heartbeat so if he can't find it not to worry. Well that just made me worry even more...until he found it!! He squeezed the cold gel on my tummy and then started to listen around. It felt like forever until he said "that is your baby's heart beat!" Once he said that I could not stop laughing...I think that I laughed so I would not cry. Once I started laughing I could not regain my composure and we couldn't listen anymore. Poor daddy barely heard it but we both left happy becuase we knew you were healthy and James finally heard from a medical professional that we were officially pregnant. He had been teasing up to that point saying that he wasn't sure he belived it since all of his information had come from me up to that point! After the day we heard your heartbeat there was no question, just excitment and anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment