Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We're Pregnant!

Well, I kept saying that I would never do one of these and honestly I didn't understand why they were so cool until now! James and I found out 3 months ago that we are expecting our first baby! It was a pretty big surprise to us both! We found out the day after Halloween and we had dressed up like Juno and Pauly Bleaker for the occaision. Now looking back it is pretty ironic that I dressed up as a pregnant girl only to find out a day later that I actually was a pregnant girl!! That costume also plays a pretty big role in how we found out. I had bought home pregnancy tests to go along with my costume...well in my rush to get out of the house I forgot them. When I was at home the next evening I thought what the heck...I'll try them out. When I took the first one much to my surprise it was positive! No way, I thought...so I tried the other one and sure enough got the same result! Well Daddy wasn't home that night (because he was sulking with his friends after KU beat KSU in football) so I could hardly sleep all night with my new found knowledge. I was about to burst with nerves, excitment, fear, and about every other emotion that you can think of! The next morning I was planning on going to church and then coming home to share my news with James but right when I got up I couldn't hold it in! I immediately grabbed my home tests, which I had hidden in the bedside table, and headed to the living room to show James! I told him that I had something to show him and I handed him the sticks. He just looked at me and said "no way!" I just sat there smiling assuring him this was no joke and that we were going to be mommy and daddy! He was extatic and has been so excited and supportive ever since the day I told him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment